Been a little while! Today I came up with a good idea of hacks and tips! Competition, since I am part of a team like this, I kinda know what I am talking about! What I mean by competition are arts and sports that require judging. such as gymnastics, cheerleading, dancing, singing. I have come up with a few ideas that make my life easier and less stressful during comp season.
- Keep your costumes neat and together.
- Make a list of each costume, don’t forget to mark hair, accessories, etc
- Keep the small accessories like bandanas, jewelry attached to the costumes; in a pocket or bags attached to it.
- Write a costume ”schedule” indicating order and estimated time to change into it.
- If there is something you cannot forget to do (lipgloss, pinning, extra hair ties, rolled up sleeves) do it right away OR find a way to not forget; attach hair ties to make them bulky, put your lipgloss in your pocket.
- Have some extra supplies like hair ties, pins, makeup
- Bring some water, food, money (you never know) and something to keep you occupied (it can get long sometimes)
- Ba at the event early, you will get to feel the vibes, know your surroundings and be ready.
- Get or put together the event schedule, don’t miss important numbers or announcements.
Hope this was useful! Let me know if I missed some or what you thought of this!
Love you, have a bright day!